- Connect Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to the computer and move aokp_toro_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don't extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_toro_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to finish.
AOKP build 4 is the latest version of the well known Open Kang Custom ROM. It is now available for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 featuring the latest Jelly Bean out there. It has lots of features and it is also very stable. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 below.Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 installed on your computer.Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toro on Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.Required Downloads:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool