- Connect US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 to the computer and move aokp_d2usc_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don't extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_d2usc_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 to finish.
If you want the latest Android inside of a really strong and stable Custom ROM, you can now install AOKP build 4 on your US Cellular Galaxy S3. It is an update from the previous build that was using 4.2.1 and it focuses mostly on bug fixes.. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2usc on your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2usc today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530below. Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2usc on your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 installed on your computer. Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2usc on US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530. Required Downloads:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool