The Galaxy Nexus received the official Android 4.2.2 update not long ago and with it team AOKP has developed their latest build version number 4. The ROM is now available for download for Sprint Galaxy Nexus also. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 below.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus on Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.
For the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, we will use a zip file (aokp_toroplus_jb-mr1_build-4.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
How to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus based on Android 4.2.2 on Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700:
- Connect Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 to the computer and move aokp_toroplus_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_toroplus_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 to finish.
You should now have AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 toroplus installed on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: