The latest version of the AOKP ROM was just released carrieing build number 4, and it seems it brings bug fixes knwoing that it is now based on Android 4.2.2. You can download and install it on your Galaxy S2 starting right now.. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g on your Galaxy S2 I9100g you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Galaxy S2 I9100g thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Galaxy S2 I9100gbelow.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g on your Galaxy S2 I9100g, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Galaxy S2 I9100g installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g on Galaxy S2 I9100g means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy S2 I9100g.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
For the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g on your Galaxy S2 I9100g, we will use a zip file (aokp_i9100g_jb-mr1_build-4.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
How to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g based on Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100g:
- Connect Galaxy S2 I9100g to the computer and move aokp_i9100g_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Galaxy S2 I9100g in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_i9100g_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy S2 I9100g to finish.
You should now have AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 i9100g installed on your Galaxy S2 I9100g and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: