Before you proceed, remember the following:
This guide is only meant for the installation of CM13 based Marshmallow Custom ROM on Motorola Moto G (2015) and should not be tried on any other Moto G (2015) model.
You need to first flash a custom recovery to install CM13’s Android 6.0 custom ROM and Google Apps zip files.
Backup all your data as this procedure may end up wiping out all the data on your phone.
Note that updato.com will not be held responsible for any damage or bricked device as a result. Proceed with caution throughout the process.
As you will need to connect your device to a computer you’ll need to enable USB debugging and have the right Motorola Moto G (2015) USB Drivers installed on your computer.
Side Note: Looking to start your own website/blog? We highly recommend using Bluehost, and you can get started now at $2.95/month, which is an exclusive deal only available here on Updato!
Ensure that the device is rooted and has at least 85% battery level.
- On your PC, download CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM and Moto G (2015) Google Apps.
- Plug in your Moto G (2015) to the PC using a USB cable
- Place the downloaded Android 6.0 firmware and Google Apps zip files to the phone memory/ SD card root folder.
- Switch OFF your device then unplug it from the computer
- Hold down the power and Volume Up keys together, to enter into recovery mode.
- On the Recovery Mode, conduct a full data wipe by tapping the “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Choose the “wipe cache partition” to clear the cache
- On the ClockworkMod Recovery, Tap “advanced” and then choose ”wipe dalvik cache” for a full dalvik cache wipe to avoid boot loop or any other error interference.
- Return to the Recovery main menu and select ‘install zip from SD card’
- Tap the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option then using the volume keys scroll to the Android 6.0 CM13 custom ROM zip file saved on your SD card. Select on it using the Power key to confirm the installation.
- Once the installation is done, repeat the above step for the Google Apps also.
- Select “+++++Go Back+++++” then on the recovery menu, tap on the “reboot system now” to reboot the device.
The Motorola Moto G (2015) should now be installed with Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 custom ROM.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: