CyanogenMod Team has recently released the second stable version of the M snapshot series for LG Optimus LTE (SKT).
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 for LG Optimus LTE (SKT) is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-su640-M2.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on your LG Optimus LTE (SKT), you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for LG Optimus LTE (SKT) installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on LG Optimus LTE (SKT) means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your LG Optimus LTE (SKT).
For the installation of CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on your LG Optimus LTE (SKT), we will use a zip file (cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-su640-M2.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing CyanogenMod 10.1 M2, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
How to install CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 based on Android 4.2.2 on LG Optimus LTE (SKT):
- Connect LG Optimus LTE (SKT) to the computer and move cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-su640-M2.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the LG Optimus LTE (SKT) in Recovery Mode (Search for the key combination for your device)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-su640-M2.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Wait for the installation on your LG Optimus LTE (SKT) to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
You should now have CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 installed on your LG Optimus LTE (SKT) and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.