Like Christmas, summer is a time everyone looks forward to all year. It’s a time when people take days off work, go camping and spend time with families. Unfortunately in those precious moments, things aren’t always smooth and the road isn’t always easy. That’s why we’ve come up with a list of top 10 travel apps that may just save the day. Let’s dive right in:
1. The Flash Light app – so simple yet this app’s a must on the road! Many times long trips require you to drive through the night, thus making a pit stop in the dark much harder without one.
2. Signal Finder is an app that does just that – it helps find a cell tower near you. This is a great app, because as you know, reception is not as common in remote places. In case you ever need to make an emergency call and can’t find service, this app may just save the day.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
3. iEXIT would have to be next on our list. iEXIT shows you what’s upcoming at the next exit. No need to take exits and waste time looking for food or gas stations. This app knows it all; and it’ll tell you exactly what’s ahead.
4. A bit less on the “necessary” side is the DigiHud Speedometer. If you’re easily distracted or tend to lose track of speed, DigiHub can be set up to notify you by sound when you are exceeding the speed limit. This can save you some money and the hassle of getting a speeding ticket. Let’s be honest…we’ve all been there.
5. If you and your phone maps are inseparable, you need Triposo! Your maps rely on your carrier’s service just as much as you rely on your maps. Triposo is a fantastic app with a collection of offline maps that will help you in navigating yourself through places the moment your carrier fails you.
6. Next on our list is The Weather Channel app – be prepared for any road conditions ahead!
7. If you haven’t heard of GasBuddy, you’re missing out; quite literally. GasBuddy does a great job finding all the nearest gas stations and sorts them by price. Eliminate the hassle of driving from one gas station to another in search for the cheapest gas price.
8. Here is another nifty app for you – Find My Car. This app will help you save time when you are trying to remember where you parked last. This is extremely useful in secluded areas you may not be familiar with.
9. And of course we can’t possible leave out Spotify. This app is every traveler’s goldmine! Spotify makes discovering new music or listening to your favorite artists extremely easy. And with the help of its “Offline Mode” you are able to save any song, album or playlist for times when service is not available.
10. Last but not least is SitOrSquat (and I’m trying to keep a straight face here). If you can’t guess by the name, SitOrSquat shows you a list of all nearby public restrooms. How do I say this…undoubtedly we all ought to download this app and say “thank you”.
Have a safe trip, enjoy the ride and let the apps do the work!
Brought to you by our friends at Honda Cafe Racers.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: