The first version of the innovative smartphone line Galaxy Note has just received the possibility to be updated to Android 4.1.2 through a test Firmware version XXLSA. Last week it was the Galaxy Note 2 who received the update.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Although this is a test firmware provided to the public by Sammobile, it seems that it performs really close to an official firmware. There are still some problems with the S Pen functionality in Android 4.1.2 that should be solved when the official Samsung firmware gets released. This should be sometime in December/January.
Here are some of the features added to Android 4.1.2 XXLSA for Galaxy Note:
- Project Butter
- Multi Window Feature (with possibility to disable it)
- Page Buddy
- Possibility to Customize Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation, Smart Stay, Direct Call & Pop-up Play Features
- Galaxy S3 Widgets
- Google Now
!!!This is not an official update, this is a test firmware that comes before an official update. The installation requires you to use ODIN. If you don’t know what this is, you should do some research first before proceeding with the installation. Also we cannot be held responsible if anything bad happens to your phone, so be careful.
How to install update XXLSA on Galaxy Note using ODIN:
- Download N7000XXLSA_N7000OXALSA_DBT.zip and unzip it
- Download ODIN
- Start Odin
- Turn off the device
- Reboot into Download Mode (Hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons)
- Connect the device to the computer via USB
- Look for the yellow sign in ODIN that shows the device is connected
- Click on PDA and add the CODE_N7000XXLSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
- Click on PHONE and add the MODEM_N7000XXLSA_REV_05_CL1222228.tar.md5 file
- Click on CSC and add the CSC_OXA_N7000OXALSA_549786_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file
- Look at the re-partition check box and make sure it is NOT ticked
- Click START
- Wait for the Firmware to be flashed
After the phone reboots you should be able to use Android 4.1.2 version XXLSA on your Galaxy Note device.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.