After receiving the leaked Android 4.1.2 firmwares for the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S2, it is now Galaxy Note 2’s turn to receive the long awaited update. This is still a test firmware leaked to the world wide public and offered by Sammobile, but as previous version proved it, leaked firmwares are very close to being without bugs. The official update to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 is expected somewhere in December/January.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 receives a lot of new features with this update version XXDLJ2. Here are some of the new features of update XXDLJ2 for Galaxy Note 2:
- Modified Notification Toggles
- New customizations for the Notification bar
- Lockscreen Ink Effect
- Group Cast application
!!! This is a test firmware. This is not an official update released by Samsung but a leaked version of the update that is to come in the near future. Even though it is close to perfect there are still bugs that need to be addressed. If you don’t know what Odin is, or never used it before, I recommend you do more research before installing this on your Galaxy Note 2 device. If you are an experienced user then you know what to expect. Any damage to your device is on your own responsibility though.
How to install firmware XXDLJ2 Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
- Download N7100XXDLJ2_N7100OXADLJ2_OXA.zip
- Download Odin v3.04
- Unzip the first file you downloaded
- Start Odin
- Turn off the device
- Restart in Download Mode (Press Home + Power + Volume Down at the same time)
- Connect the phone to the PC via the USB cable
- Wait for Odin to recognize the device and show the yellow sign in the upper left corner
- Click on PDA button in Odin
- Choose the N7100XXDLJ2.tar.md5 file the you unziped earlier
- Look again at the re-partition option and make sure it is NOT checked
- Click on START
- Wait for the installation to finish
After the reboot your Galaxy Note 2 should be running test firmware XXDLJ2 based on Android 4.1.2. Enjoy!
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.