After almost an year of waiting for another update, Samsung finally released the first official Android 4.3 update for Galaxy Note 2, both 3G and LTE versions (N7100 &N7105). The Android 4.3 update was officially released today and it looks really good for now. Luckily, N7105 users also have reasons to be happy. As you know Samsung usually updates non-LTE models first, usually this ones using their own Exynos processors. Well, this time they decided to make everybody happy by updating both version N7100 and N7105 to Android 4.3 on the same time.
Is the update stable and good to go? Yes it is. Firmware N7100XXUEMK4 was released in India and the first reactions after installing this update are looking really well. The performance on the device has noticeably increased, the Note 2 becoming faster and smoother.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Luckily this is nowhere like the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 update which was full of bugs and issues.
Among the most important changes that come with Android 4.3 we can mention Samsung Knox and Wallet; Galaxy Gear Support; The core User Interface now looks like Galaxy S4 and Note 3; a bunch of new apps and plenty of new features that all Android 4.3 devices have. You can also take a look at this detailed list of changes as noticed by Sammobile.com:
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Samsung KNOX
– Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
– Better RAM management
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
What countries have received the update?
(NEW) Galaxy Note 2 N7100: India (firmware N7100XXUEMK4); China (N7100ZCUEMK3)
Galaxy Note 2 N7105: Nordic Countries (firmware N7105XXUEMK5)
We’ll update the list with new updates as they are released.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3
For a manual installation using Odin you can download the firmware from the following links:
For GT-N7105: Download N7105XXUEMK5_N7105NEEEMK1_NEE.zip
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.