The Samsung Galaxy S3 for Verizon up until now did not benefit from Android 4.3 and all of the very cool features the operating system came with. But now the American giant is updating its variant of Samsung’s phone from last year with it. What this means is that the Verizon Galaxy S2 is now enhanced with support for the Galaxy Gear and KNOX functionality. But the 4.3 version of Android is extremely rich in features and there are of course a number of other upgrades to the phone.
So if you are interested in seeing what were the updates brought with the newer version of Android then here is the entire changelog:
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- Support for the Galaxy Gear
- Driving mode
- New Samsung Keyboard
- Support for TRIM
- Certain user interface elements were made similar to the ones on the Galaxy S4
- Updated GPU drivers
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Support for KNOX is now available
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, a better ripple effect than the one on the Android 4.1.2, plus the possibility of modifying clock size and setting message
- Actionable notifications Move-to-SD-card feature
- The Notification Centre has now been improved and certain options were added to it in order to improve its usefulness
- The user interface of the Settings tab was modified completely, it is now tabbed and it is similar to the one you can find on the Samsung Galaxy S4
- The Camera has been changed as well and two new modes have been added to it: Sound and Shot modes.
- Implementation of Voice controls which grants you control over certain features of your phone. This is something that was adapted to the Galaxy S2 from the Samsung Galaxy S4
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice. This S-Voice was adapted to the Samsung Galaxy S2 from the Galaxy S4
This upgrade has the build number JJSS15J.I535VRUCML1. It is being delivered to devices right now so if you haven’t got it already you can either wait for it or search for it by going to “Settings” – “About Phone” – “Software Updates”. You can read more about this upgrade if you click here. As soon as a download version is made available we will provide you with a download link.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.