So far WhatsApp is one of the best social communication platforms around. That’s why a lot of people all over the world are using it. It greatly enhances SMS and MMS communication by taking advantage of available networks. WhatsApp has a lot of features that make it one of the most downloaded apps on Google Play Store. But we are not going to give it all the credit because it somehow presents set of problems too.
Here are 4 common WhatsApp problems and their solutions
- I can’t install WhatsApp
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Could it be that your phone is not supporting the downloading of the app or maybe your phone is running Android version 1.6?
WhatsApp can only be download on Android phones running Android 2.1. To view your device’s latest Android version, you simply go to settings > about phone.
To install WhatsApp from the WhatsApp website. Go to settings > select security >then tap on ‘unknownsources’ to activate it.
- Did not get my activation code
You have not received activation code, even after the installation went well? First make sure that:
- You entered your number correctly in full international format. With your Country and area code.
- Your device has full internet access with a strong signal.
- Your device’s time and date are configured to set automatically
- Reboot your device
- Check your SMS credits and payment.
- Wait for the verification time counter to be complete.
If you have not receive your code in 5 minutes, try requesting a voice call.
- Can’t connect to WhatsApp
You may experience problems, for instance your device has stopped sending photos, messages, or videos. This is normally caused by a problem with your device’s internet connection, or internet service provider.
Most connection may be solved by doing the following:
- Ensure your device is switched on.
- Download the current version from Google play store.
- Check your internet connection.
- Ensure that a Task Killer app doesn’t have any impact on WhatsApp.
- Clear the cache
- Uninstall then reinstall the app.
- Not able to hide last seen in WhatsApp on Android
In order to hide your ‘last seen’ in WhatsApp you need to go to settings > accounts >tap on privacy > tap last seen then select nobody from the options.
Now it will be quite hard for your friends to know when you were last online.
If you have encountered any other problem that has hampered your use of the WhatsApp Android app, simply share in the comments section below. You can also learn how to download and install WhastApp Plus here.
Image Source: Indmobiles
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.