If you recently updated your AT&T Galaxy S2 to the latest Android update, Jelly Bean UCMC1, then you probably lost root and any custom recovery or ROM you had on your device. So probably you will want to root your device now, or to install a Custom Recovery.
Before proceeding with the rooting procedure, there are some pre-requisites:
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- Make sure you are using this on a SGH-I727 Galaxy S2 because otherwise you will brick your device.
- You will need a Custom Recovery installed on your device in order to root it. Here’s a guide to install TWRP 2.5 on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damage your device may get after this procedure. You proceed on your own risk.
- That’s it, you can now start rooting your device.
How to root Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 on Jelly Bean UCMC1:
- First you will have to download SuperSU-0.93-Busybox-1.20.2.zip. This is the file that will root your device.
- Now place the downloaded file on your phones Sd card.
- Turn off your device and enter Recovery Mode. For that you have to press both volume keys at the same time and hold them. While still holding the buttons, press the Power key. Release the Power button only when the phone vibrates or the logo appears on the screen. Release the volume keys only when the screen turns black. After a few seconds you should be in Recovery Mode.
- Choose Install zip from sd card and then Select zip from sd card. Choose the file from step 1. Hit Enter until the installation begins.
- At the end, reboot the device.
- Go to Applications, Open SUPERSU and then let the program update the binaries.
That’s it, you have just rooted your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.