How to root Galaxy Note 2 Versions SGH-T889 (T-Mobile), SGH-i317 & SGH-i317M (AT&T), SPH-L900 ( Sprint):
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
1. Unzip ODIN after download. (Download link).
2. Download the Rooting kit developed by Chainfire (CF-Auto-root). :
- T-Mobile SGH-T889 CF-Auto-Root Download
- Sprint SPH-L900 CF-Auto-RootDownload
- AT&T SGH-I317 CF-Auto-Root Download
- AT&T SGH-I317M CF-Auto-Root Download:
Extract the file from the zip archive. The extracted file has to be a .tar.md5 file.
3. Unplug the phone from the USB port of the computer.
4. Run Odin.
5. Select PDA in Odin. Select the file you unziped from the CF-Auto-Root archive.
6. Reboot you Galaxy Note 2 in download mode ( Turn off the device and press Volume Down, Home and Power simultaneously)
7. Connect the phone to the USB. Make sure repartition is not checked in Odin.
8. Press Start in Odin.
9. After a few seconds the device should reboot and you should have the Galaxy Note 2 successfully rooted.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.