A factory data reset is an action that will delete all your personal data and settings from your internal SD card and phone. It will delete all installed apps, all accounts and all the settings that you have. It will basically restore your Android device to its original, factory state.
Why should you perform a factory data reset on Android?
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
There are a few reasons why you need to do a factory data reset on your Android device:
- You are experiencing hardware issues and a factory reset may fix the problem
- You are experiencing battery issues or charging issues
- Your device is experiencing lag issues
- Your device gets stuck very often or malfunctions
- You have too many apps installed and you want to clean your device
- You want to sell your device and you need to clear your personal data from the device
These are just a few reasons, but a factory reset can solve a lot of issues!
Note: After the reset you will lose all your personal data so it’s advised to do a backup first!
How to Perform a Factory Data Reset on Your Android Smartphone:
- Go to Menu , then Settings . Click on “Back up and reset” > “Factory data reset“.
- You will be prompted with some information. After that, select “Reset device” > “Delete all“.
- Factory reset process will begin. It can last from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the amount of data on your device.
That’s it! This is how you perform a factory data reset on your Android device. Did it work for you? Let us know if the comments below or on the Updato forum.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.