WhatsApp is rated among the best social communication apps. The Android app happens is an ideal way to make calls, share media, or send message to relatives and friends.
The application sometimes becomes more of a nuisance especially when the “unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped error” pops up from nowhere just when you are in a middle of doing something worthwhile, and forces the app to close.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Thankfully, there is a way to stop it.
Simple methods to clear the “unfortunately WhatsApp has stopped error”
Method #1. clear the cache and App Data
Clearing the app cache may get things working properly.
- Launch your phone’s settings
- Scroll down and click apps.
- Click on application manager from the list.
- From there you will have to swipe left until you see the last option under the title (ALL).
- Swipe down till you find “WhatsApp” then tap on it.
- Now, click on clear cache and clear data. But before you clear data, first tap on “clear cache” then restart your phone and check if the error still persists.
If the error is still there, follow the same step but this time tap on “clear data” and see if the problem goes away.
Method #2. uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp app
If the above method does not work for you, then this second method might just be what you need. Follow the first 5 steps from previous method, then:
- Tap on “uninstall” it will only uninstall after asking for your confirmation.
- From there restart your phone.
- Download a fresh copy of WhatsApp from the Google Play Store.
- If all goes well the error will get solved.
These two methods should help you get rid of an otherwise nagging error that usually disables your WhatsApp communication. Read this article on some tips and tricks to make the best out of WhatsApp on Android.
Image Source: The Independent
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.
Similar / posts
October 19 2017
October 09 2017