CyanogenMod is definitely the best and most popular ROM in the market. This custom ROM supports the metric crapload of Android handset and also enables the same handsets to go far past their primes at the same time.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
The most recent devices to get support for CynogenMod 14.1 nightlies include the Moto X 2014, two variant of Samsung Galaxy S3, two Xiaomi smartphones, some Oppophones, two versions of HTC One Max, and more.
Here are few handsets that support the CynogenMod 14.1 nightlies in the few last days:
- HTC One Max (t6vzw) (Verizon)
- HTC One Max (t6)
- LG G3 (d852) (Canada)
- Moto X 2014 (victara)
- BQ Aquaris E5 4G (vegetalte)
- Oppo Find 7s (find7s)
- Oppo Find 7a (find7)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon) (d2vzw)
- Oppo N3 (n3)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Intl) (i9300)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (kenzo)
- Xiaomi Mi Max (hydrogen)
The S3 is definitely an old handset, but CynogenMod is doing an incredible job in keeping the S3’s software up-to-date. The Oppo’s software is also is not that good, so CyanogenMod 14.1 should make it better. The CynogenMod developer team is still working on the Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROMs for the international HTC One A9, the Moto X Play, Moto E LTE the 2015 version.
CM14.1 is the also compatible with the devices below:
- Google Nexus 5
- Moto X Pure Edition (clark) (2015)
- Oppo R7 Plus
- Oppo R5s/R5
- Nextbit Robin
How to install the CynaogenMod 14.1 on your Galaxy S3
First time CM14.1 installation
- Go to the official Wiki page
- Then flash the custom recovery via Odin or Heimdall
- Push the CM14.1 ZIP AND GApps (arm) to your device
- Boot your device into Recovery
- Factory reset your device
- Flash the CynagoneMod 14.1 from the SD card
- Also, flash GApps from the SD card
- Reboot your handset
Upgrading from an earlier version of CM i.e. 13.0
- Update the recovery. It is done automatically. To download the TWRP click here.
- Push the CyanogenMod 14.1 zip to the SD card
- Boot your device in recovery
- Flash the CyanogenMod 14.1 from the SD card.
- Flash the latest GApps for Android 7.1 handset if you’re upgrading from an earlier Android OS version
Source: Android Beat
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.
Similar / posts
December 20 2016