Because a leaked version XXDLJ2 of Android 4.1.2 is now available for Galaxy Note 2 we can now list every new feature that Android 4.1.2 has over 4.1.1 on the Note 2. The leaked firmware is a test firmware so there can also be some bugs, but overall the OS work very well and performs as an official OS. Still it’s recommended to wait for the official update if you are looking for a daily OS.
Until now, the test firmware XXDLJ2 has performed really well on most devices with almost no FC (force close) and an overall performance better than with the 4.1.1 Android version.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Here is a list with added features in the Android 4.1.2 Galaxy Note 2 version:
- NEW Ink effect on the lock screen (works only with the S pen). Here’s a video that show you how Ink effect works:
- Disable brightness slider option now available
- Customize the Volume key action when using the Camera with ‘Use volume key as’ option
- New camera option ‘ In low light’ to be used when the light environment is poor
- Editable notification bar
- Option to disable Multi Window
- Complete black Status Bar
- Increased smoothness in browser.
- Stock music player widget now allows scrolling the playlist without showing the ‘loading’ message.
- Overall increase in battery performance
By now this is all we know that Android 4.1.2 brings new to the Galaxy Note 2. It looks like this is a win update for Samsung as also the Galaxy S2 update looks very promising. Until the official 4.1.2 updates are released, these test firmwares are a cool way to have some fun and play with your phone.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.