You can root any Samsung Galaxy S4 that uses the Qualcomm processor using the method that we will present further on. This works for all version of the Galaxy S4 such as International I9505, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile carrier versions of the device, as long as it is using the Qualcomm CPU.
The root method for Galaxy S4 was presented by an Xda member, ‘djrbliss’, and apparently was first used to obtain root on Motorola devices. The user discovered that it should work on any Qualcomm.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm version):
- Before proceeding with the rooting procedure, you will have to make sure that the ADB drivers are installed on your PC for the Galaxy S4. Then you need to access developer settings on your device and activate USB Debugging.
- After you make sure you have all that you can download the files that will help you root the device. Download the archive from here.
- Remember that this will void your warranty. Also there are no Custom Recoveries or stock firmwares available for download yer, so if you break your device you risk being unable to fix it. Make sure you know what you are doing.
- Now you can connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC with the USB cable. If you have the drivers the phone should be recognized by the PC.
- Go to the folder where you downloaded the root files, and execute ‘run.bat’.
- Click on approve on your device to give access to the PC and then wait.
- That’s it, you should now have your Galaxy S4 fully rooted.
After you root your Galaxy S4, you should be able to delete all the bloatware that is flooding the device. This is just one of the benefits of having root.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.