Omni is currently developing this custom OmniROM and it gives everybody the chance to help while doing this. They strongly rely on the community and thus they have offered several ways for then to get involved, such as access to their project’s code, meaning the capacity to view “what’s merged, what’s open and what’s in review”, participating in general discussions or Q&A on xda or even getting actively involved with them on IRC Freenode.
Actually Omni’s approach has gotten many people excited due to their openness to feedback and accepting advice from people with any kind of experience, whether it is a week or a full year.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Before we go ahead and describe the process of installing this custom ROM on your phone you have to understand that this version of OmniROM is only for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100. If you use it on any other model you risk bricking it. There should also be mentioned the fact that this ROM is currently in a testing phase and still has bugs and things that don’t work. It is recommended that you use this only for testing purposes, and not as a daily ROM. Some experience with Custom ROMs is also required.
- For starters, you will need a Custom Recovery such as CWM Recovery installed on your device.
- You should also have a NANDROID Backup as this is your safety net in case something goes wrong during installation.
- Your personal data should also have a backup due to the fact that you will perform a complete wipe.
- Disclaimer: You are installing this Custom ROM on your own responsibility, we cannot be held accountable for anything that goes wrong during the process. Make sure that you know what you are doing before proceeding any further.
- And now you should finally be ready to update your Galaxy Note II N7100 t0 Android 4.4 with OmniROM
Here we provide you with the links to the downloads you will have to perform in order to correctly install this custom ROM. There are three downloads you will need to perform.
Download: OmniROM for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Download: Google Apps
Guide to updating Samsung Galaxy Note II to Android 4.4 with OmniROM
- If you haven’t already downloaded the ROM and other necessary files then you should probably do it now.
- Now you have to put the.zip files on your device’s SD card.
- Download Google Apps as well and copy it to your SD card
- Turn off your device. Now you will have to start the Samsung Galaxy Note II in Recovery Mode. You should be able to do this by pressing Volume Up, Power and Home at the same time.
- If you followed every step until now, you should be able to see the Recovery Menu. From the numerous options which you will have you will have to choose “Wipe data/Factory Reset” in order to do a full wipe, effectively erasing all your personal data.
- For the next step, select ‘Install zip from SD card’ and choose the .zip file that you downloaded and placed on the SD card at the beginning of the process. Confirm the installation and wait.
- When the installation is done, do the same thing for Google Apps.
- Now reboot your phone and you should be all set.
If all the steps were followed correctly, you should have installed OmniROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100, updating it with Android 4.4. If you encounter any issues, we await your feedback.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.