UPDATE: RC4 version was released, therefore in our download section make sure you go and download Release Candidate 2 version of the CyanogenMod Rom. The installation procedures are the same as for RC1.
CyanogenMod is one of the most, if not the most popular name in the Android Custom ROM aftermarket. You can know this because it is already installed on millions of devices all over the world. Their 10.1 version has finally got the Release Candidate version. What does this mean? Well, the developers team releases the RC version when they believe that the ROM is stable enough to be used as a daily ROM. So it can completely and successfully replace your original stock ROM. So if you want to run Android 4.2 on your device, and CyanogenMod supports it, then hurry up and install it.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
If you are still a rookie at installing Custom ROMs, then read on for the step-by-step installation guide. If you are already an experienced user and feel no need to go through all these, head over to the Download Section below and search for your Samsung version to see if it got the RC version and download it.
Download Section (Search for your device and download the ROM installation files. Then head back here for the step-by-step guide.
For the inexperienced users, here’s how you can install CyanogenMod 10.1 Release Candidate 4 on your Samsung phone:
- Go to the download section using the link above and search for your device in the list and download the installation file. Only install the ROM on the specified device, otherwise you risk bricking your device.
- You will need a Custom Recovery installed on your device such as CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery.
- A NANDROID backup is strongly recommended because it will restore your previous ROM in case something goes wrong.
- Also backup you personal data because you will need to do a full wipe.
- Disclaimer: You are installing this Custom ROM on your own responsibility, we cannot be held accountable for anything that goes wrong during the process. Make sure that you know what you are doing before proceeding any further.
- You are now ready to proceed with the installation.
Guide to install CyanogenMod 10.1 RC4:
- By now you should have searched for your device in the list above and downloaded the ROM. If not, then this is the time to do it
- Place the .zip file you downloaded on the phone’s SD card.
- Download Google Apps and place the .zip on the SD card as well.
- Turn off the device. Now you will have to start the S4 in Recovery Mode. If you are unaware of how to do that just Google ‘Recovery Mode’ and your phone model.
- You should now see the Recovery Menu. You have several options here. First of all you need to do a full wipe. For this use the ‘Wipe data/Factory Reset’ option. Know that this will erase all you personal data.
- For the next step, select ‘Install zip from sd card’ and choose the .zip file that you downloaded and placed on the SD card at the beginning of the process. Confirm the installation and wait.
- When the installation is done, do the same thing for Google Apps.
- In the end just Reboot the device and that’s it.
If you have followed the steps correctly, you should now run CyanogenMod 10.1 Release Candidate 1 on your Samsung device. If you encounter any issues just write us in the comment section and we will reply as soon as possible.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.