One of the devices that was lucky enough to get the first M-series build from CyanogenMod is the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. This ROM is supposed to be daily ready, and it will be updated only once a month. This is the first stable release of CM 10.1 for now.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515, and now it has launched their first stable version for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toro-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toro-M1.zip) on Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515:
- Connect Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toro-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toro-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.