T-Mobile is one of the major Carriers in the US and has managed to sell a lot of Galaxy S3 models. Now, even though the users are receiving the Android 4.1.2 update with the Premium Suite and so on, CyanogenMod team is working hard to create the first stable CM 10.1 version until now. It is of course available for Galaxy S3 T-Mobile and can be used as daily ROM.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999, and now it has launched their first stable version for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
CM 10.1 M-series for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2tmo-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2tmo-M1.zip) on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999:
- Connect T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2tmo-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume up + Power + Menu buttons )
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2tmo-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.