The Sprint version of the Galaxy Nexus has just been named as one of the phones to get the first M series version of CyanogenMod 10.1 M Series. This is the CM 10.1 M1 version we are talking about and it is said that it is stable and ready to be used as a daily ROM. The file should be updated once a month.
DID YOU KNOW: Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, and now it has launched their first stable version for Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toroplus-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toroplus-M1.zip) on Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700:
- Connect Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toroplus-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-toroplus-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.