The first stable version of CM 10.1 from CyanogenMod team is now available for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g. This runs Android 4.2.1 and is ready for daily usage. There are really few bugs remaining and the ROM will be updated once a month.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g, and now it has launched their first stable version for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
CM 10.1 M-series for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip) on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g:
- Connect Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g in Recovery Mode (Press )
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-i9100g-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100g.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.