The international version of the Galaxy Nexus, one of the first devices to get Android 4.2 officially, can now also be updated to the latest Android but by using a Custom ROM. I’m talking about CyanogenMod CM 10.1 M1, the first of the M-series, the most stable CM 10.1 build until now that can be used as daily ROM without issues.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250, and now it has launched their first stable version for Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-maguro-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-maguro-M1.zip) on Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250:
- Connect Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-maguro-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-maguro-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250.