Download the latest version of the AOKP Custom ROM Build 4 based on Android 4.2.2. It brings in some bug fixes from the previous version that used 4.2.1. It is now also available for Verizon Galaxy S3 now.. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 below.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
For the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535, we will use a zip file (aokp_d2vzw_jb-mr1_build-4.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
How to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw based on Android 4.2.2 on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535:
- Connect Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to the computer and move aokp_d2vzw_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_d2vzw_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to finish.
You should now have AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 d2vzw installed on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.