CyanogenMod Team has recently released the second stable version of the M snapshot series for HTC One XL.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 for HTC One XL is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-evita-M2.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on your HTC One XL, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for HTC One XL installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on HTC One XL means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your HTC One XL.
For the installation of CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on your HTC One XL, we will use a zip file (cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-evita-M2.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing CyanogenMod 10.1 M2, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
- Connect HTC One XL to the computer and move cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-evita-M2.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the HTC One XL in Recovery Mode (Search for the key combination for your device)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-evita-M2.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Wait for the installation on your HTC One XL to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
You should now have CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 installed on your HTC One XL and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.